Debit Card Corner
Lost or Stolen Visa Debit Card
- Call Local 678-486-1111
- Call Toll-Free 1-877-590-6226
- Fax 678-486-1190
- Email ContactUs@CUofGA.org
Activate Your Visa Debit Card
Declined Visa Debit Card Transactions
- During Business Hours, M-F 9am-5pm & Saturday 9am – 1pm, Call 678-486-1111
- After Hours, Call Toll-Free 1-888-526-0404 (within U.S.) or Collect (International callers) 206-352-4954
PIN Your Visa Debit Card By Phone
- Call Toll-Free 1-877-746-6746
PIN Your ATM Card By Phone
- To activate your card call 1-800-411-6390
- To change your PIN by phone call 1-877-746-6746
There may be times when we may need to contact you to validate the request. Please make sure that your address, phone numbers and email address information is up to date with us.
Foreign Countries Blocked for Debit Transactions
Credit Union of Georgia has put a block on all transactions conducted in foreign countries for Visa Debit Cards. Members must call or visit the Credit Union to have a release put on their Debit Card so they are able to use the card in a foreign country. We are doing this to protect our members against fraud. Recently there seems to have been an influx of fraud occurring on both Debit Card transactions in foreign countries. Any international traveling or online purchases can be lifted as long as we are notified in advance.
In an effort to minimize counterfeit card fraud within the United States, Maryland and Pennsylvania have been added to the list of restrict card present fraud. Members attempting to make purchases at Discount Stores, Grocery Stores, Variety Stores and Drug/Pharmacies in these states will need to use their PIN for transactions to approve.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please visit any branch location or contact the Credit Union at 678-486-1111 if you plan on traveling to a foreign country in the future.
Fraud Prevention Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system against potential fraud. Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected on your Debit Card, you will receive an automatic email notification with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- If a response isn’t received from the email or text, you will then begin receiving automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give the option of speaking to a Fraud Analyst.
The phone number for our Fraud Center is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your Contacts within your phone, label it as Credit Union of Georgia Fraud Center, then it will display any time you may receive a call from this number to ease your worries.
Remember – any email, text or call from Credit Union of Georgia will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number. For Credit Union of Georgia’s new Fraud Prevention Service to be effective it is important that all of your contact information is up to date in our system, please make sure you update your phone number, email and address if they have changed.
Protect Yourself from Scams
Don’t get fooled by all of the scammers! Protect your account with these tips.
- Sign up for eAlerts through eBranch to keep an eye on all of your transactions.
- Monitor your account regularly and report any suspicious activity immediately.
- Add the number for the Credit Union of Georgia’s Fraud Department in your phone for peace of mind to know we are truly contacting you about your account. 1-800-417-4592.
- Update your passwords regularly.
- Add and update antivirus software on all laptops, computers and tablets.
- Think before you click on links in emails and online. Look for slightly altered URLs created by cybercriminals.
- Be cautious of the charities you donate to. Avoid donating over the phone and find them online to make the donation.
- Don’t trust a site or name you do not know and do not fall for deals on items that are too good to be true.
- Look for skimmers, shimmers or tampering on ATMs and gas pumps. Don’t use if you suspect any tampering.
- Enroll in text alerts for your Visa Debit Card with Credit Union of Georgia.
Remember- any email, text or call from Credit Union of Georgia will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number. For Credit Union of Georgia’s Fraud Prevention Service to be effective it is important all of your contact information is up to date in our system, please make sure you update your phone number, email and address if they have changed.
Questions? We are happy to help! Contact us at 678-486-1111 or ContactUs@CUofGA.org.