Health Savings Accounts
A Health Savings Account (HSA), is a tax-advantaged* medical savings account available to members who are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). The funds contributed to the account are not subject to federal income tax at the time of deposit. Unlike a flexible spending account (FSA), with an HSA, funds roll over and accumulate year to year if not spent. HSAs are owned by the member and funds deposited may be used to pay for qualified medical expenses at any time without federal tax liability.
Advantages of Health Savings Accounts with Credit Union of Georgia Include:
- Protection – You will have an opportunity to save money to pay high or unexpected medical bills.
- Affordability – High health insurance policy deductibles mean lower premiums.
- Savings – Your ability to deduct your contributions and the tax deferral of account earnings enable you to build your account.*
- Flexibility – You can contribute at any time during the year, and your HSA balance rolls over from year to year.
- Portability – You own the account, so it goes where you go, regardless of any job changes.
Credit Union of Georgia’s Health Savings Accounts Offer These Great Benefits:
- No Minimum Opening Deposit
- No Minimum Balance Requirements
- No Annual or Monthly Fee
- FREE Visa® Debit Card
- FREE Online Banking with eBranch
- FREE ePay, eStatements, and eAlerts
- Unlimited FREE ATM Transactions at Credit Union of Georgia ATMs and Point of Sale Displays
- Six FREE ATM Transactions Per Month at Non-Credit Union of Georgia ATMs**
- Unlimited Check Writing***
- Dividends Earned on a Tiered Structure at a Competitive Rate
Open Your Health Savings Account Today!
Visit any branch location or contact our Call Center at 678-486-1111 or ContactUs@CUofGA.org for more information.
To open an HSA, you must be enrolled in a high-deductible health plan.
Minimum $10.00 balance required in a Savings account to maintain credit union membership.
* Not intended as tax advice. Please consult a tax professional.
** Additional ATM Transactions: $1.00 Per Transaction. Non-Credit Union of Georgia ATMs May Charge Access Fees.
*** Cost of 25 Checks is $8.35.