Visa Credit & Debit Card CornerPosted: June 29, 2017 at 9:22 am
Lost or Stolen Card
- Call Local 678-486-1111
- Call Toll-Free 1-877-590-6226
- Fax 678-486-1190
- Email ContactUs@CUofGA.org
Activate Your Visa Card
Declined Visa Card Transactions
- During Business Hours, M-F 9am-5pm & Saturday 9am – 1pm, Call 678-486-1111
- After Hours, Call Toll-Free 1-888-526-0404 (within U.S.) or Collect (International callers) 206-352-4954
PIN Your Card By Phone
- Call Toll-Free 1-877-746-6746
PIN Your ATM & Visa Card By Phone
- To activate your card call 1-800-411-6390
- To change your PIN by phone call 1-877-746-6746
There may be times when we may need to contact you to validate the request. Please make sure that your address, phone numbers and email address information is up to date with us.
smsGuardian – Text Messaging Visa Card Alerts
Give yourself added peace of mind – you may now enroll to monitor activity on your Visa Debit & Credit Card with Credit Union of Georgia. This will allow you to respond immediately to possible fraudulent activity.
You will be alerted by text message if the following is detected on your enrolled Visa Debit & Credit Card:
- International Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $500
- 7 or more Transactions in 24 hours
Enroll today by CLICKING HERE.
You will receive a text message every 12 months to re-enroll in this service. This is a FREE service offered by Credit Union of Georgia to protect your Cards.*Members will be responsible for any charges for any Message/Data through their device carrier.
Foreign Countries Blocked for Debit & Credit Transactions
Credit Union of Georgia has put a block on all transactions conducted in foreign countries for both Debit and Credit Cards. Members must call or visit the Credit Union to have a release put on their Debit or Credit Card so they are able to use the card in a foreign country. We are doing this to protect our members against fraud. Recently there seems to have been an influx of fraud occurring on both Debit and Credit Card transactions in foreign countries. Any international traveling or online purchases can be lifted as long as we are notified in advance.
In an effort to minimize counterfeit card fraud within the United States, Maryland and Pennsylvania have been added to the list to restrict card present fraud. Members attempting to make purchases at Discount Stores, Grocery Stores, Variety Stores and Drug/Pharmacies in these states will need to use their PIN for transactions to approve.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please visit any branch location or contact the Credit Union at 678-486-1111 if you plan on traveling to a foreign country in the future.
NEW Fraud Prevention Service
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system against potential fraud. Here’s how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected on your Debit or Credit Card, you’ll receive an automatic email notification with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert, which also has the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
- If a response isn’t received from the email or text, you will then begin receiving automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud. The call will also give the option of speaking to a Fraud Analyst.
The phone number for our Fraud Center has changed to 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your Contacts within your phone, label it as Credit Union of Georgia Fraud Center, then it will display any time you may receive a call from this number to ease your worries.
Remember – any email, text or call from Credit Union of Georgia will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number. For Credit Union of Georgia’s new Fraud Prevention Service to be effective it is important that all of your contact information is up to date in our system, please make sure you update your phone number, email and address if they have changed.