Taking Precautions: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)Posted: March 30, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Taking Precautions: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
As our Community continues to feel the impact of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we wanted to share with you the steps we’re taking at Credit Union of Georgia to help protect the health and safety of our member and employees, which is always our top priority.
We activated our preparedness plan several weeks ago, and we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation. We’re following guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health organizations.
Steps We’re Taking to Protect Our Members & Employees
- After a great deal of careful consideration, we have made the decision to suspend lobby traffic and temporarily convert to drive-thru and lobby appointments only at our branch locations beginning Saturday, March 21st. This decision was not made lightly, but we felt it was necessary to do our part to promote social distancing and prevent the spread of the virus. While we will greatly miss the in-person interaction we have with so many of you each day, please know that you are able to complete most transactions through the drive-thru that you have become familiar with in the lobby. Although branch lobby traffic will be temporarily suspended, please know that our branch locations will remain fully staffed to serve you during this time and we will continue offering all products and services to our members, just in a more creative way. Should you have a financial need that cannot be completed online/mobile or through the Drive-Thru, you can schedule an appointment at any branch location HERE.
- Our Team is closely monitoring information from the CDC, federal, state and local agencies to help ensure the actions we’re taking are in line with the latest CDC recommendations and guidance. We are communicating regularly with our employees to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and that of our members.
- As a precautionary step, we have installed hand sanitizer stations in our branches for use by both members and employees.
- Our housekeeping and sanitization efforts in our branch locations have been expanded. We’re frequently disinfecting often-touched surfaces such as door handles, countertops, keypads and restroom surfaces. We will continue to look at all options that will mitigate risks and we’re asking all of our employees (and we urge everyone) to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself
- We highly encourage our members and employees to stay informed about the Coronavirus from reputable resource such as those listed below:
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has valuable resources including protective measures, practicing food safety, staying healthy while traveling and more.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also provides information about how the Coronavirus spreads, symptoms, prevention, testing and more.
- Beware of scams. Look out for suspicious email and text messages, medical supply scams and fraudulent donation sites that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. The intent is to convince you to share sensitive information such as usernames and passwords, make purchases or donations on spoof websites or download malware onto your device by opening a malicious attachment. If you receive a suspicious email or text message, don’t respond, click on any links or open attachments. Verify the authenticity of any website before making a purchase or donation.
We feel deeply for those who have been affected with the Coronavirus. Thankfully, as of now, we are not aware of any employees contracting COVID-19, but we have implemented guidelines that instruct any employees who may develop symptoms or come into contact with infected individuals to stay home and follow the CDC’s instructions.
Convenient & Safe Access to Your Accounts
All Drive Thrus are open and available to serve you during this time. We also encourage our members to utilize the following services to allow for easy access to your Credit Union of Georgia accounts:
- Online Banking can be accessed at eBranch.CUofGA.org
- The Mobile App with access to Remote Deposit can be downloaded in the App Store and Google Play
- Utilize ATMs to Deposit or Withdraw Funds
- Set-Up Direct Deposit with Your Employer and Other Companies You Receive Checks
- Access Night Depositories at All Branch Locations
- Contact our Call Center Monday – Friday from 7am – 7pm and Saturday from 9am – 1pm at 678-486-1111
Our Digital Banking Solutions with Online Banking and our Mobile App are ideal solutions for managing your finances. Below are just a few of the many transactions you can take care of without ever having to leave your home.
Apply for a Loan/Open an Additional Account
- Apply for a Loan 24/7 with Our Online Lending Application
- Open an Additional Account 24/7 with our Online Membership Application
- Download the CUofGA Mobile App in the App or Google Play Store, Login, Tap Deposit Check and Follow the Prompts
- Setup Direct Deposit with your Employer to have your Payroll Automatically Deposited into your Account
- Move Money Between Accounts within Online Banking or the CUofGA Mobile App
- Set-Up a Wire Transfer
Bill & Loan Payments
- Use Online Banking or the CUofGA Mobile App to Pay External Bills Quickly and Easily
- Pay Your Credit Union of Georgia Loan by Transferring Funds via Online Banking or the CUofGA Mobile App
- Mail Credit Union of Georgia Loan Payments to:
P.O. Box 2148, Woodstock, GA 30188-1375
- Setup One Time or Recurring Loan Payments via our Online Payment Tool
- Mail Credit Union of Georgia Credit Card Payments to:
Cardmember Services, P.O. Box 790408, St. Louis, MO 63179-0299
In the event you need to withdraw cash, here are a few ways you can minimize contact.
Access to Cash
- Make a Cash Withdrawal at any Credit Union of Georgia ATM with No Fee
- Withdraw Cash at any ATM that is apart of the CO-OP Shared Branching Network, this includes Publix Presto! ATMs
- Request Cash Back at Point of Sale Machines with Merchants
If you need assistance with any of these services, please feel free to contact our Member Service Call Center at 678-486-1111 or send us a secured message via Online Banking.
Please remember that unlike a natural disaster, COVID-19 cannot physically affect any electronic banking or payment systems. For this reason, you will continue to have uninterrupted access to all your funds through ATMs, online banking, debit cards and credit cards. If you have our mobile banking app, you can even deposit checks from anywhere you have an internet connection. So, if there ever comes a time when you want to minimize your exposure to large groups of people, you can rest assured that you will always have access to your money at Credit Union of Georgia.
Our first priority remains keeping Credit Union of Georgia members and employees safe and well-informed while doing what we can to help minimize potential spread of the Coronavirus. Please know we have devoted resources and efforts to help mitigate against possible adverse impacts from the Coronavirus and will continue working hard to provide the level of service you have come to expect. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
If you experience a severe financial hardship as a result of the Coronavirus event, we are here to assist you. Please contact our Member Services Call Center at 678-486-1111 to learn about the opportunities available to you.
Our team remains committed to serving you and your family throughout the days ahead. We truly value your membership and appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate this community health concern.