Holiday Fraud Protection
Don’t be fooled by all of the fraudsters this holiday season! The Credit Union of Georgia has your back when it comes to fraud protection. Enjoy the holidays with peace of mind by securing your account with these tips.
- Sign up for eAlerts through eBranch to keep an eye on all of your transactions.
- Monitor your account regularly and report any suspicious activity immediately.
- Add the number for the Credit Union of Georgia’s Fraud Department in your phone for peace of mind to know we are truly contacting you about your account. 1-800-417-4592.
- Update your passwords regularly.
- Add and update antivirus software on all laptops, computers and tablets.
- Think before you click on links in emails and online. Look for slightly altered URLs created by cybercriminals.
- Be cautious of the charities you donate to. Avoid donating over the phone and find them online to make the donation.
- Don’t trust a site or name you do not know and don’t fall for deals on items that are too good to be true.
- Look for skimmers, shimmers or tampering on ATMs and gas pumps. Do not use if you suspect any tampering.
- Enroll in text alerts for your Visa Debit and Credit Card with Credit Union of Georgia.
Remember- any email, text or call from Credit Union of Georgia will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number. For Credit Union of Georgia’s Fraud Prevention Service to be effective it is important all of your contact information is up to date in our system, please make sure you update your phone number, email and address if they have changed.
Questions? We are happy to help! Contact us at 678-486-1111 or ContactUs@CUofGA.org.
For more updates on how to secure your account, visit the Fraud Alerts page under the Resources tab throughout the year by clicking here!