To deliver financial solutions that enrich members’ lives.
To provide financial solutions with value, convenience and exceptional service.
- Meeting the financial needs of our members
- Providing excellence in personalized service by increasing member satisfaction
- Offering innovative and comprehensive Products & Service
- Safeguarding member investments by maintaining financial strength and stability
- Utilizing relevant state-of-the-art technology
- Creating sound management policies that exemplify integrity, efficiency and effectiveness
- Providing our employees with leaders who create environments that engage, motivate, reward, recognize and provide growth and opportunity for all
- Being responsible corporate citizens in the community
Credit Union of Georgia has proudly provided financial solutions with value, convenience and exceptional service to the Community of Northwest Georgia for nearly 60 years. The Credit Union was established in 1960 to serve the faculty, staff and students of local school systems and institutions of higher learning. With a history of serving educators, Credit Union of Georgia has a passion for education and giving back to our local schools.
We provide members with exceptional financial products and services including savings, checking, loans, mortgages, financial planning, auto locator service, and complete online services including eLending, eBranch, ePay, eStatements, and eAlerts. All of our lending and operating decisions are made locally, right here in Northwest Georgia, to ensure decisions are made quickly and in your best interest. We invite you to compare our products and services to those of other financial institutions. We think you’ll be pleased with what we have to offer.
Credit Union of Georgia is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative where members have a direct impact on how the Credit Union operates. Any profit the credit union earns is returned to our members in the form of lower loan rates and higher savings rates. Every member has an equal voice in the Credit Union. Members elect a Board of Directors who serve without compensation and help oversee the operations of the Credit Union.
We always welcome an examination of our creditworthiness. The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the federal regulator of credit unions, and the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance track credit unions by risk category, based not only on published data, but also on actual examination visits. Your accounts at the credit union are insured up to $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government, just as the FDIC does for bank deposits. We are a sound financial institution and we are still lending money.
Below is a list of Select Employee Groups (SEGs) that are eligible to join the Credit Union through our Field of Membership. If you or one of your immediate family members* are within one of these SEGs, you are eligible to join Credit Union of Georgia. If you are unsure on your eligibility for membership, please feel free to contact us at 678-486-1111 or visit any of our convenient branch locations.
- Bartow County – Live or Work
- Chattahoochee Technical College Employees & Students
- Cherokee Christian Schools Employees & Students
- Cherokee County School District Employees & Students
- Cherokee County – Live or Work
- City of Woodstock Employees
- Cobb Association of Realtors Members
- Cobb County School District Employees & Students
- Cobb County – Live or Work
- Cobb Marietta Retired Teachers Association Members
- Covenant Christian Ministries Academy Employees
- Dominion Christian High School Employees & Students
- Douglas County – Live or Work
- East Cobb Christian School Employees
- Eastside Baptist Church Employees
- Eastside Christian School Employees
- Faith Lutheran School Employees
- Fulton County – Live or Work
- Furtah Preparatory School Employees & Students
- Getting Ahead Association Members
- Gilmer County – Live or Work
- Hopewell Baptist Church Employees & Congregation
- Kennesaw Charter School Employees & Students
- Kennesaw State University Employees, Students & Active Alumni
- Life University Employees
- Marietta City Schools Employees & Students
- Midway Presbyterian Church & Midway Covenant Christian School Employees
- Mount Paran Christian School Employees
- Park View Montessori School Employees & Students
- Paulding County School District Employees
- Paulding County – Live or Work
- Pickens County – Live or Work
- Praise Academy Employees
- Reinhardt University Employees & Students
- Saint Joseph School Employees
- Shiloh Hills Christian School Employees & Students
- The Goddard School Employees & Parents – Woodstock Campus
- The Hope Center Employees
- The Walker School Employees
- Wildwood Baptist Church Employees
- Woodstock Furniture Outlet Employees