Credit Union of Georgia* Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
A Choice of Repayment Options, Competitive Rates, and No Origination Fees.
Features and Benefits
- A choice of competitive rates for undergraduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.25% APR to 9.37% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR. 1
- New lower rates for graduate students. The APRs on new Smart Option Student Loans can be lower than the APR on the PLUS Loan for Graduate Students with immediate repayment. Variable interest rates from 2.25% APR to 7.27% APR. Fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 8.56% APR. 1, 5, 7
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower interest rate. You can apply to release your cosigner after you graduate and make 12 consecutive on time principal and interest payments. 4
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- A lower interest rate—Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled payments by automatic debit. 3
- Pay now or later—defer your payments until after school or choose an in-school repayment option that fits your needs. 1
- Smart Reward® Cash Back—Students who become Upromise members (which is free to join) and choose the Interest or Fixed Repayment Option can get a Smart Reward in their Upromise account of 2% of their scheduled monthly payments that are made on time while in school. 2
- A quick credit result—Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
- Borrow up to 100% of your school certified education costs (minimum $1,000).
- Graduated Repayment Period—The Smart Option Student Loan is the only private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature6, providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students who graduate and maintain their Sallie Mae loans in good standing can request to make 12 interest-only payments instead of full principal and interest payments after their separation period. 6
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
To Learn More Or Apply Today, GET STARTED HERE.
* Credit Union of Georgia is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Click Here for important information. Terms, conditions, and limitations apply.